vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

There is a rumbling noise when i decellerate, feels like its

Customer Question

there is a rumbling noise when i decellerate, feels like its in front and under me. happens mostly when im braking from 40-50mph speeds and sometimes the transmission slips a little bit when shifting down on the low gears i have a 2004 touareg
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: greatr great*
JA: I'm not following. Could you please explain?
JA: Forgive me, but I'm not following. One more time, please?
Customer: so when i am driving at higher speeds like 50-60 mph and i take my foot off the gas there is a rumbling that comes from the front of the car, but it feels a little bit under the front seats as well
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: and when i am braking, once the car is shifting down from the lower gears it slips and kind of jerks a little bit
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist it an automatic transmission?does it only make the noise while on the brakes?