Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

Hey. JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

Hey.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I accidentally bent the high pressure line while trying to install a new clutch master cylinder. It's not bent too badly - no kinks - but the fitting is not going in easy. Any suggestions? I have an 84 vanagon.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this problem.One thing you can try that will give you more access to the angle you need to get the line started on the Master would be to not mount the master cylinder till you get the line started. By doing so you will have more movement to get the angle your needing . Try this and see if it works.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey Ron:
Yeah. I actually did that first.
The master is mounted on the hydraulic line, but not the mounting bracket.
Thing is this: I had to take out the pedal assembly (fun!!) to replace a worn clevis pin. I yanked hard on it a few times, not realizing the master got caught up in the process.
The ensuing effort pulled the alignment out of the hydraulic line in that area, and there's not much to work with.
If I had maybe a 1/2 inch of slack more I could mount the master and be done.
Thoughts?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Well if its not helping with the master loose then you going to some how try to carefully bend the line till you can get the angle you need.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any advice on a home made bender tool?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
What I use is a open end wrench that you can slip over the line and fitting and then use it got leverage as a bending tool while you hold the line.