eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

I have a 2010 jetta temoved the torque converter and sound

Customer Question

I have a 2010 jetta temoved the torque converter and sound at the bearing that's transmission rides on his shot and how do I remove that bearing
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: Old ss the car i already have another trans i just need to remove the bering that on the motor side that the trans shaft gose to
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No im just trying to remove that bering thats the only thing holding me up
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
what bearing are you reffering to?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When you remove the trans and you look right were the trans shaft go's there is a bering there how do you remove that bering
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
the trans shaft goes into the torq converter...are you talking about the bearing in the converter
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think so bit ehen you remove the converter the bering stays with the motor side
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
the motor side is the crankshaft can you post a pic
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
content://media/external/file/75097
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There's a picture of the damaged one and there's also a picture of the one that I need to use
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
this a automatic? 2.5?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Am I supposed to just use a small heel bar
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
u can try but a tool like this is generally usedhttp://www.tooltopia.com/k-tool-international-70355.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp6818601&gclid=CLbu2pSn9ssCFcdehgodj-0Ouw
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  eauto replied 8 months ago.
hope u rate me 5 star best of luck