Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician

The check engine light keeps flashing, the whole car shakes,

Customer Question

the check engine light keeps flashing, the whole car shakes, when i put it in gear it is very sluggish and when i have lifted the hood to see whats going on the whole engine is violently shaking and making noise
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: code?
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, Ok, everything you are describing are symptoms of a severe engine misfire, which can be damaging to the engine. Possible causes are: weak fuel pump, severely worn spark plugs, faulty ignition coils, clogged fuel injectors, failing fuel injectors, clogged fuel filter, loss of signal from the ECU(the main onboard computer), short in wiring harness to the injectors or coils.