vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

2001 VW golf 2.0L Misfiring on 1 have changed all plugs, wires

Customer Question

2001 VW golf 2.0L Misfiring on 1 have changed all plugs, wires and coil pack. doesn't resolve the issue. What do we check now?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: ABS light on. Windows will randomly roll down when parked and clicking noise in dash
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 6 months ago.
Remove the spark plug and check compression next. If compression is good, you probably have a bad fuel injector