vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2007 VW Passat with oil

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2007 VW Passat with oil in the spark plug well when I was changing a coil. Wondering what the issue is
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Had a diagnosis code of cylinder 2 misfire and vacuum leak on engine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 6 months ago.
Hello. the problem is the valve cover gasket is leaking. Around the spark plug openings is a rubber o ring that seals the valve cover to the cylinder head. Over time those seals get hard and stop sealing. The resolution would be to replace the valve cover gasket. What engine do you have?