sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I'm driving my Passat 2014, made a puts top, turned back on

Customer Question

I'm driving my Passat 2014, made a puts top, turned back on and no sound on radio
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes, there's just no sound coming out. Was fine before I stopped
JA: Anything else I can tell the VW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: VW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the radio appears to operate normally and all sound was lost at once then you most likely have an amplifier issue. The amp may be locked up electronically, it may have failed, or it may have lost a power or ground. Have you checked fuses?Have you tried a battery disconnect?Is the vehicle under warranty?