vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Hey my name is ***** ***** and my 2003 town and country Chrysler

Customer Question

Hey my name is ***** ***** and my 2003 town and country Chrysler check engine light comes on when I go up hills/accelerate hard then shuts off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car shakes at lights and it has a slight burn smell sometimes kind of like oil? smell
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist does the light flash when it comes on??? did you have the code checked??Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the light does flash but I did not have the code checked. If the light is not on can they still figure out the previous code?
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
yes, it gets saved to history code. any parts store can retrieve it for you Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
let me know