vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Im ***** *****. Im having an issue with an epc light, yeah,

Customer Question

Hey im ***** *****. Im having an issue with an epc light
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yeah, so i used a tap-a-fuse to install a stereo in my friends 2007 audi a4 and now he is getting that light, would thoes be related?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
That light can be triggered by many things usually it's related to a mass air flow sensor issue or a throttle body issue you will need to use a scan tool to check the trouble codes stored in the module to see what faults triggered the light to come on make sure you also have not done anything wrong with the fuse by pulling it out with the key in the ON position that will also trigger a light and cause the fault is that's the case you will just need a reset with a scan tool . I hope this hells please don't forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But would the draw from a stereo itself cause the light to go off? Or is that unlikely?
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Unlikely but if you removed the fuse with the key in the ON position you could of triggered the Light to come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay and if that was the case, would the check engine light also come on? Or would that be unrelated. Because what he told me is the check engine is always on, and the epc comes on occasionally.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Both lights are related you have to see what faults have been triggered that's the first step with a scan tool . Please don't forget the feedback we rely on this for our family thank you