eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

Im going to by a Cabrio 2002 with 124,000 ***** *****. The

Customer Question

Im going to by a Cabrio 2002 with 124,000 ***** *****. The car is in Puerto Rico but Im going to bring it to Pennsylvania where I live. What kind of motor oil should I use? Can I use synthetic?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I went to Advance Auto and their computer say that the Cabrio use 5w50 or 10w50. Auto Zone says is 5w30 or 5w40. So Im confuse. Can you clarify which is the correct motor oil for my Cabrio 2002?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

any 5w30 available in the us will meet all requirements for the car, and yes synthetic will work fine