Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have replaced the cable that rolls the window up and down

Customer Question

I have replaced the cable that rolls the window up and down with the regulator and I am at the last step, and cannot get enough slack in the cable to stretch cable around the pulley to get it in place. The two springs at the regulator are able to give me slack in the cable system but it is not enough to make the cable stretch around the top pulley....
How do I stretch the cable to get more slack so I can slide the cable around the pulley and get in place to roll up and down the window?
Thank you
Category: VW
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  mike switzer replied 9 months ago.

the best trick i have used is before i attach the cable to the motor i put it on the pulleys. it will be a bit tight but if you do it that way then you will be able to wind it on the motor pulley and get that pulley into the motor itself.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Click on these links for the procedures of R and R door panel as well as changing the regulator.

Door panel R and R

Regulator change

Let me know if you need more help.