vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Checked all fuse on my 2005 vw jetta without disconnecting

Customer Question

checked all fuse on my 2005 vw jetta without disconnecting the battery and the car will not start. obd code shows P0864. please help.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: car is cranking but will not start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully.
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: nothing.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need to know a little more info!!

1. i do need a vin # ***** the vehicle.
  2. what fuse box you were replacing fuses?
  3. what exactly happened before you started to replace fuses?
  4. are there any lights on the dash when the key on ? pic would be great

thanks