Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Vw rialta 1999 vr6 gas smell replaced n80 and it's hoses

Customer Question

Vw rialta 1999 vr6 gas smell replaced n80 and it's hoses still getting smell
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Seems to happen at idle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

is the smell from the engine compartment or is it at the filler area where you pump gas?

please let me know

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We smell it in the cabin. Not in engine compartment. After stopping and turning off engine. Sometimes when w are at idle It is not a constant thing.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

ok in the cabin. is it more evident where you have the heater or a/c on and coming through the vents?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could hubby call you? Easier than being the go between for me. Lol
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

let me offer a premium service where a phone call can be utilized . but right now i'm putting the kids to sleep would it be ok to contact you tomorrow during the day?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How sad. You typing a very few words was 28.00! Hardly got that money's worth. And when it said on the website call INSTEAD you magnanimously offer to have us pay MORE?!?! Sad.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

you have requested a phone call so due to site rules that is the way the site will allow for phone contact.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thanks. This is not what it was advertised to be. We figure it's 28 a minute to not get our answer. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. Different tech here, would you like my help?