peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I have a 2006 Jetta tdi it just went haywire wile driving

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Jetta tdi it just went haywire wile driving now it acts like it has a bad ground or something. The ignition works sometimes briefly then it doesn't work then it may start but the transmission only work for about 30 seconds then quits. The code port won't link. It may be something simple like a bad connection. but I don't know where to start.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I would start with checking any battery power and ground connections at the battery as well as to where the connections lead from the battery.If any connections are found to be at fault the connections need repaired to correct this fault here.I would make sure the power feed connections into the fuse panels are all clean and tight as well.If these are all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete