Matt C.
Matt C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician
64275627

Volkswagen jetta 2000 overheats no codes

Customer Question

Category: VW
Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. You can have that tested at a radiator shop or feel around the core when the engine is hot to see if there are any cool spots that would indicate a clog.

.

However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.)

.

The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases.

.

Block tester available is:

Napa BK.(###) ###-####/p>

OEM/Block Tester AUTOZONE

Part Number:
27145

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search

.

*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures***

..

.

If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust.

If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The first question ? was codes on 2006 vw jetta P2112 car loss power and engine shakes smokes on low RPM engine make a noise like zz-zz-zzz leaking air or something and smokes come in for the side of the turbo
Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.

I see, thanks. So sorry, all that I could see on this end was, "Volkswagen jetta 2000 overheats no codes". Is that one possibly on a separate post?

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.

Do you have a question on a 2000 Jetta that is overheating or trouble codes on a 2006 Jetta?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2006 jetta codes 2112
Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.

I see, thanks. I don't seem to have anything on that code for it. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Expert:  Matt C. replied 10 months ago.

Trouble code P2112 - Throttle actuator control system stuck closed. These engines have a fairly common problem with the "anti shudder valves" getting stuck with carbon deposits. Replacement of this valve is pretty easy but will require you to have a triple square socket (I believe #8?). If you perform a quick search on YouTube for "2006 Jetta anti shudder valve" there are many videos available to walk you through the procedure.

Expert:  Matt C. replied 10 months ago.

Just checking up to see if my answer helped at all. Please don't forget to rate if I successfully answered your question.