Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The trunk release wont work manually or on the fob of my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: the trunk release wont work manually or on the fob of my 2007 jetta
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my wife reports that she tried to open the truck with her remote and nothing happened. no sound or anything.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: she tried the button manually on the driver door. no luck
JA: OK! The VW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: no that's the issue in a nutshell
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Most likely the latch electrical actuator has failed. Does your model have the key lock in the trunk option and are you able to get into the trunk from the rear seats? What trim level is your car?

Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris