peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I'm replacing the cylinder head on a 2000 vw beetle 1.8, the

Customer Question

I'm replacing the cylinder head on a 2000 vw beetle 1.8, the belt broke or the tension failed,cant really see.The belt is still snug but wont spin.It came loose at low speed, do I need the cam at TDC, before i take the belt and head off? Right now it is at the 3oclock postion.Do I turn the cam or the crank,and which way do I turn to get both aligned.Should the car be in neutral? Its a auto.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You need to turn the crank to TDC at number 1 cylinder. (manual transmission) (automatic transmission)

If you want the complete info on this install I can post it here for an Premium service just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What kind of answer is that? 28 bucks to show a picture? Refund my money immediately please!

Someone else here may be able to help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete