vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

The abs warning light came on a few weeks ago and i have had

Customer Question

Hello, the abs warning light came on a few weeks ago and i have had a few intermitten situations with the front drivers side wheel racheting and the brake peddle bouncing up and down under my feet. This has happend when starting the van and turning the wheel to the left. It lasts for a few seconds and then it is ok. What do you think is the major problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, I took it in to a machanic and he worked on the brakes. He said He couldnt get the abs light to go off, and that we should take it to the dealer machanic and see if they could figure this out. I want to have some sort of idea what is going on before I take it in and chase after this problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need more information !!

i do need a vin # ***** see what model and engine package you have .

also was a scan test performed to see what codes are stored in the abs module?