Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My name if ***** *****. I have a 2000 vw beetle with 1.8L

Customer Question

My name if ***** *****. I have a 2000 vw beetle with 1.8L turbo. I have a P0300, P0301, p0302, p0303 codes. I have replaced the spark plugs and replaced with remanufactured all 4 injectors. I sprayed with MAF with cleaner. I move exchanged the coils packs in different locations with not change? Not sure what to do now.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ohh that would help. The car is running rough and very rich. It is very slugish at low rpm and will cut off. At seams to run OK at high RPM with very little pressure of gas peddle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need some more info!!

1. i do need a vin #
  2. was there any other codes like bank 1 lean?
  3. if you look at the breather hoses under the intake are they oily?
  4. what scan tool you have ? make and model?

please let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1) 3VWCD21C6YM463711.
2) There is a new P1176 Code.
3) The breather under the intake do not look oily or not that I can tell.
4) Actron OBD II PocketScan, CP9125.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cleared the codes and drove it again. It running very rich you can smell the gas. I got a P0300, P0301, P0303.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When you back off the gas it wants to take off.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any one out there?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.
Sorry had to put the kids to sleep and dozed off. With the p1176 code that you mentioned vag com is needed to monitor sensors readings. Do you have access to vag com?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

sorry my fault site glitched

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is vag.com? - I obviously do not have it. What do I do next?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

p1176 is Bank-1: O2 (Lambda) Correction Behind Catalyst, Control Limit Reached

which means that the mixtures are wrong (rich as you stated)

We need a scan tool that can read thesensors while running to isolate the issue if it is a vacuum leak , fuel pressure issue, etc. your code reader will not do because it cannot get the data stream to isolate. vag com is one , snap on solus/ modis with euro loaded.

without the scan tool it is hard to get to the root cause (not the info you would like to hear !!) as stated above Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.