Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have an 04 Jetta TDI that won't crank over or start. I

Customer Question

I have an 04 Jetta TDI that won't crank over or start. I have checked the battery (it is good) and I have full lights on the interior.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I pulled numerous codes (as my son failed to tell me the check engine light was on). The first one (1/11) (I assume the latest) was a P2108. Then there was a series of codes (starting from 2/11 to 11/11) P0674, P0673, P0672, P0671, and P2100.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to try to.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: It has 380,000+ miles and at some point in time (I haven't found the receipt) the glo plug harness has been replaced.
JA: Our top VW Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the VW Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the VW Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases a fault like this here can be caused by a faulty electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.I have seen this switch fail in the past before needing replaced to correct this fault here.I would have this switch checked/tested to see if this is the cause.This will require a scan tool that can display ignition data as well as some electrical test equipment to see if for sure it needs replaced.

I would also clear out the fault codes set here and then turn off the key and turn it back on and see if any codes set again and which codes set again as this will help with locating the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer .

I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply.

Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

First thing i do need a vin # ***** get the correct repair info to assist!!

thanks