vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

When I open the top on my 2004 VW it opens all the way but

Customer Question

Hello, when I open the top on my 2004 VW it opens all the way but the little flaps never close. If I then turn off the car and turn it back on it will close all the way and the flaps will go down. I only have a problem with the flaps when opening the top.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends on the issue
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried to reset the computer using by putting the windows up and down while turning off the car routine
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: nothing I can think go of
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 8 months ago.

Hello sorry for the delay i can help you out , we have seen this issue usually you have a failed micro switch for the top the only issue is that the top has many micro switches that work of each other for the top to work properly , what you will need to do is have the trouble codes checked in the top convertible module this will tell you which switch has failed . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this feedback thank you