Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

I have several airbag codes on my 2003 jetta wagon. I

Customer Question

I have several airbag codes on my 2003 jetta wagon. I retrieved theme using my rosstech cable. I reset them and they came right back. They are 00532, 01299,01222 and 65535. I do have damage to the passenger door but the airbags are all intact. What should I check to determine the proper repair.
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

hi im kevin has battery been flat ? car jump started ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

before i bought it they killed the battery and they also put an aftermarket raio in as well

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

where all these codes present in airbag module an other codes in car? ok the code 65535 indicates a software fault within airbag module normally requiring replacement to fix.there is also a fault within the crash sensor in pass side that needs to be replaced

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I do not beleive there were. I had a bad speed sensor in the transmission but that was the only code in the transmission. I have cleared the codes from the airbag twice and they come right back. Including the code for low voltage. Where is the airbag controller as well the crash sensor? Also will the controller need to be programmed or is it plug and play. I have a passat for parts if the stuff from it will work?

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

air bag crash sensor is below carpet under passenger seat and module is below heater box on what would be transmission tunnel area

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

how do I get to the module.

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

you will need to remove gear shift gaiter and centre console surround