Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Dear VW friends, Greetings! 1. What is the best tachometer

Customer Question

Dear VW friends,
Greetings!
1. What is the best tachometer rpm (revolutions per minute) to drive on the freeway, for maximum efficiency and/or mpg, for 2002 VW 1.9 liter diesel TDI?
2. When the VW 2002 Jetta TDI 1.9 liter diesel starts, whether cold or at operating temperature, and it is put in "Drive" it will NOT go over 25 MPH until the accelerator is put all the way to the floor once or twice.
The engine has 305,000 miles. I am afraid one time I may start driving and this slow speed and "hesitation" may cause an accident in traffic.
What causes this transmission not to go faster than 25 mph until the accelerator is "punched" to the floor a few times until the RPM goes up to shout 4,000 rpms?
What can I best do to correct this problem?
3. When does the Timing Belt need to be changed?
I just bought the car and I use it for hospice work, for often elderly people whose locations are spread out over a wide area.
I need a economical and RELIABLE car. We have normal Ohio winters near Lake Erie.
Please advise me what to, especially the lack of initial acceleration, until 4k rpms are reached.
Is there a good book or resource for maintenance and care that is specific for the 1.9 liter diesel Jetta TDI to help make the most efficient and RELIABLE use of this wonderfully economical VW diesel auto?
Thank you. All the best.
Gods peace and blessing!
Fr. John Henry
Category: VW
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Local Mechanic Recommendations + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My yellow "check engine" light symbol came on and went OFF. I passed the Ohio echeck emissions test last week and the "check engine" light came back on within an hour later and is still on 100 highway miles later. Does the EGR valve or something in the exhaust need cleaning? If so, how critical to operation of car is this service for a 1.9 liter VW TDI diesel?
I forgot to give number for text or call. Please call(###) ###-####and/or text when information is sent to my email***@******.***.Thank you, again.
Fr. John Henry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service to you, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased with my assistance and will rate me Good or Excellent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) RPMs below 2000 will give you the best mpg.

2) Is it struggling to shift up and is reving high or is it bogging down and having trouble increasing RPM?

Any warning lights on?

3) The timing belt is replaced at 80,000 miles.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Please make sure to complete the rating 1-5 STARS on your screen when your pleased. The email survey is for the website, it does not compensate me.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris