peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

The back hatch of my 2012 VW Beetle will not open with the

Customer Question

The back hatch of my 2012 VW Beetle will not open with the remote or keyless entry. My grandma daughter set off the emergency alarm. Do I need to reset it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The trunk won't open.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases the alarm may be keeping the hatch from opening.I would try to lock and unlock the vehicle with the key/remote or interior lock functions and see if this resolves the fault here.If this does not work or was already tried and did not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete