vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

My name is ***** ***** i have replaced the fuel pump and the

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** i have replaced the fuel pump and the filter and the mass air flow sensor on my 99 bettle 2.0 gas but it will rev up and get fuel and then its like there is no fuel it wont hold an idle
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When i try to start it it will turn over then die even if i try pumping the gas pedal and even if i keep the key in start mode its like its starveing for fuel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 7 months ago.

Is the check engine light on ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a scan tool to check the trouble codes ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No i dont

Sorry for the delay the first step that you will need to take is use a scan tool and have the trouble codes checked to see what faults you have in the ecm that have triggered the light to come on you may have a issue with the throttle body causing the issue but the faults need to be checked first to make sure you also dont have a crank sensor fault . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this feedback thank you