Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

Well it died in an intersection got it in a parking lit had

Customer Question

Well it died in an intersection got it in a parking lit had a buddy test it said bad alternator was able to get it home by hooking a portable battery charger and leaving it on while driving, after changing the alternator myself, it would start to turn and the not start, bad battery replaced the battery and now the lights and sensors cone on, but wo t even crank
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I already wrote that
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: Yes I changed the battery and the alternator
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: Nope
JA: Our top VW Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the VW Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the VW Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: VW
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 7 months ago.

Hello , ok try this without a scanner if you do not have 1....remove battery cables & hold the positive & negative cables together for about 5 seconds.......this will reset the computer to a relearn cycle Thanks Joey Please rate my Answer

got me ?