Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Wife is broken down in georgia. got off the interstate to

Customer Question

wife is broken down in georgia. got off the interstate to make a quick stop. she was accelerating back up the ramp to get back on the interstate when the car starts making a very loud noise. she first thought the muffler had fallen off. now she believes the sound is coming from under the hood. car has lost most power. wont go over 5 mph. 2007 Passat with 2.5 about 71000 miles
Category: VW
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern and am sorry to hear that this is happening. How can I help you with this concern?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wife is broken down in georgia. got off the interstate to make a quick stop. she was accelerating back up the ramp to get back on the interstate when the car starts making a very loud noise. she first thought the muffler had fallen off. now she believes the sound is coming from under the hood. carhas lost most power. wont go over 5 mph. 2007 Passat with 2.5 about 71000 miles
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. In park idling is there noise?
  2. Will the engine rev fine in park and is there noise when reving?
  3. Any warning lights on?
  4. Dragging muffler does that describe the noise best?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris