Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I need the radio code 2008 volkswagon jetta, My radio pops

Customer Question

I need the radio code for my 2008 volkswagon jetta
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My radio pops up with a thousand code and I don't know that code on my radio screen I have a premium sound system in my car, the factory premium sound system
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I do need the 14 digit VWZ # ***** i can assist!!

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where can I find that number
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

you need to remove the radio and it will be etched on the chassis of the radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByU13HCbZsc

go to the link above for intructions of how to remove the radio!!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Vwz4z7g2166327
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

FYI if you have purchased a second hand radio it has been documented that the etched serial # ***** the electronic serial # ***** be different due to piecing 2 stereo's into one so be beware!!
here is your serial # ***** radio code:

Serial number: VWZ4Z7G2166327
PIN: 1107

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang