vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I mistakenly put my fuse in the wrong place now my car won't

Customer Question

I mistakenly put my fuse in the wrong place now my car won't start its saying parking break fault, what can I do and what fuse is for parking break fault?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car won't start and the dashboard says parking break fault, due to putting the fuse in the wrong place. Help
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Starting my car
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the VW Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i need some more info

1. i do need the vin # ***** the vehicle
  2. also i do need to know which fuse box you were at when checking the fuses.

thanks