cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

My Volkswagen continues to shut off while I'm driving and

Customer Question

Hi my Volkswagen continues to shut off while I'm driving and sometimes it won't start back up. As of right now my car won't even start up.
Category: VW
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

have you checked your fuel pressure

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not sure how to do that
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

there is black valve steam on the fuel rail by the injectors you will need to get a fuel pressure gauge to hook up to i am almost certain it is a fuel problem

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Should I get it towed to a Volkswagen place or is this something I can fix myself
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

more then likely it is the fuel pump going out so you may want to get it towed unless you are comfortable replacing your self if you need anything else let me know be sure to rate my service when you get the chance