peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2005 VW Passat and my radio just quit working. It

Customer Question

I have a 2005 VW Passat and my radio just quit working. It won't even turn on. The name brand of the radio is Monsoon. Is there something I can do instead of replacing the radio all together?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It won't turn on at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure all fuses are o.k. and if any fuses are found to be shorted out/blown the affected fuses need replaced then the radio operation re checked.If this has already been checked and found o.k. the radio usually needs removed to test the proper power and grounds to it to make sure they are all present.If found to be o.k. (most likely they will be) the radio will either need removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced to correct this fault here.Most of the time when the fuses are all o.k. it is the radio itself that either needs repaired or replaced with either another factory radio or an after market radio at an auto radio install facility.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete