vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2009 vw eos. Vin# wvwba71f09v006317. The module on

Customer Question

I have a 2009 vw eos. Vin# ***** The module on drivers side what does it control?? Does it just control the sunroof? Also the passenger side module what all does it control?
Category: VW
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Meaning modules in trunk
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Hello, where are you looking? inside or under hood? exact locations?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Trunk
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

well there could be up to five modules in the trunk, is something not working thus why you asked about the modules?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We bought car at auction. Someone took all modules out. Im talking about the module thats on drivers side in trunk that has 4 plugins. I bought one on ebay but only works the sunroof .
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

you say sunroof so not a convertible correct? the only module in trunk on drivers side with 4 plugs is for the convertible top, The sunroof module is in the roof, so little confused what you mean by module for sunroof etc, can you send more details?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its a convertable...but windows dont work ...does the windows have to work to get convertible top to work?
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

I am going to opt out, just not sending enough information to try and help

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

the module on the left is for the convertible top and the sunroof . do you have a pic/s so i can see what are you dealing with