Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

Starts and then dies like it's out of fuel, That's basically

Customer Question

Starts and then dies like it's out of fuel
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's basically it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New maf sensor and new fuel filter
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: Recently replaced radiator
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the VW Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

The problem might be the crank shaft sensor is faulty. The reason for me to say so is because the sensor is operating in a very hot area on the engine and the heat cause the wiring spool inside the sensor to deform. This cause the sensor to send a very weak signal to the ECM engine control module. The ECU then switch the engine off to protect it. This fault does not set a fault code so it's hard to test it. If you scan the system and you find no faults then it can very well be the case.

I hope you find this information helpful but should you need more do nor hesitate to ask.

Greetings,

Martin.