sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 05 VW Touraeg. I recently had the body vavle

Customer Question

I have a 05 VW Touraeg. I recently had the body vavle replaced due to it down shifting from 5 to 4 really ruff. Now when my car is in drive and i step on the gas my car moves really slowly. I have the option to change it to manual from automatic and when I do this it shows me what gear Im in and it says 5th gear, which makes sense as to why the car is moving so slowly. Did my mechanic screw this up? Is there something else wrong now?
Category: VW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the trans is going into limp in. When the trans controller sees an issue that will prevent proper operation it will lock you in a single gear, which will cause cruising RPM's to be higher and it will be sluggish on takeoff.

There are many possible causes for limp in including solenoids, speed sensors, wiring, internal trans issues, or the trans controller itself

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting in the TCM. Do you know what codes are setting?