vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

After a drive up to Flagstaff Az parked the car 2008 vw

Customer Question

After a long drive up to Flagstaff Az parked the car 2008 vw touareg Steering stays locked but instrument panel not comingon tried to jumpstart but stays "dead" and locked All dealers closed and have to be at work tomorrow PLease help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes please
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried key into ignition to unlock steering to no avail tried to jumpstart car if battery "dead" to no avail Do not know if electric computer system can be reset in some manner maybe?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: the car had 2 batteries replaced so far I owned it from new
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the VW Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

does the remote work to unlock the doors?