gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

2000 passat no power to my fuel pump, drove it home, parked

Customer Question

2000 passat no power to my fuel pump
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: drove it home , parked it - the next day i went out to start it and the motor cycles but doesn't start - did a spark test and confirmed spark - removed the fuel line from the top of the motor and discovered no fuel while cranking.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We have confirmed there is no power at the fuse panel , we jumped the fuse and still no power to the connector that connects to the fuel pump , the only power that we can get out of the plug is the sending signal i believe, but the actual power that is required to fire up the pump is not working.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 9 months ago.

What engine do you have? And is this a sedan or wagon? I'm assuming from your description that you have pulled the access cover to the fuel pump and were checking for power at the connector there? Do you have power at fuse 34? You are also going to want to check at the fuel pump relay in the ECM box up under the hood, in front of the driver area. It will have a 208 on it in white. Check for battery power to the 30 terminal, and you can jump that to 87a and see if that powers fuse 34, and run the pump.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The fuse in the panel inside my vehicle does power on while the car is cranking indicating power to that fuse , the relay under my dash does click when the key is turned indicating that is working. My vehicle has the 2.8 motor by the way, the fuse your talking about under my hood - we have not located as of yet , but you explain its located in the Same place that my e c m is located?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's a sedan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Your information wasn't correct the relay in my e c m box is a 373 which indicates secondary air flow relay -