Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

2007 new beetle.--A/C runs very cold when driving, but

Customer Question

2007 new beetle.--A/C runs very cold when driving, but doesn't blow cold when at traffic lights. ?
Category: VW
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 year ago.

Compressor is most likely fine, sounds like the A/C fan is your issue. Turn the A/C on and check to see if the radiator fan is running. If it is not, check the fuse for the fans, if the fuse is ok, have someone listen for the relay clicking on. If you hear a relay click when the A/C is running, you probably have a bad fan motor. If there is no air blowing over the A/C condenser then the air will blow warm, this is why it blows cold when driving but not when stopped if the fan is not running.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.