FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

I have problem 2000 vw beetle have milky engine oil after

Customer Question

I have problem 2000 vw beetle have milky brown engine oil after change oil about 1500 miles but reservoil coolant is same level not low and car just short drive for every day work.Thanks Harry
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I bought cars 6 month ago with water pump bad so I replaced and drive for 5 month with no problem. just last weak car subddenly death and hard start. so I check oil have milky kind like water in oil but coolant at reservoid still high level not low.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: not yet only Idid same resesch on internet can used same seal like bar,s haed gasket seal or blue devil or king like thode stuff
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: so far may be no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the VW Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the question Harry. My name is***** only time that you will get oil that looks like this is due to moisture. It does not take much for this to occur. Most of the time it is from a small amount of coolant, but short driving will also cause this. If the engine never gets hot enough to completely burn off any condensation in the engine then eventually that condensation will affect the oil by turning it milky. About how far are you driving?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Every day just about 2 or 3 miles olso I have code came out p0322 cause hard star, p1780 and p1850, p0725. On coolant on oil is maybe blow head gasket or not
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

You can perform a block test in order to know for sure if there is a head gasket issue. It can also be an oil cooler problem. the 2-3 mile commute is not enough to get the engine hot enough to burn off any condensation in the engine.