vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2008 vw new beetle 2.5l. Cooling fan stopped all of

Customer Question

I have a 2008 vw new beetle 2.5l. Cooling fan stopped all of a sudden. The fan plug has a 1-2-1 configuration. There's fire on one end and one side of the plug in with or without ac switched on. Should fire change location at that point or is it my fan which has a modular looking piece off to the side? Thanks
Category: VW
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

The radiator fan needs to have power and ground in order to run, (high or low speed). There is a test that will determine if the fan motor is good or if it's in the radiator fan control module.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Do you still need help with it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The info you gave to me is really a given fact in testing. I thought maybe someone could tell me where a relay or switch may be for this car specifically as no Google searches show a single fan with what looks like a wired relay attached. Even the one from a salvage yard gives same results. However I'll save my 10$ .Thanks anyway
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Your welcome and please come again, thanks. So, do you want a refund?