internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working in the automotive industry for over 10 years. Diagnostic is my strength.
63512786

Fesperman I have a 2007 VSw Passat 2.0 and the engine light

Customer Question

fesperman I have a 2007 VSw Passat 2.0 and the engine light came on yesterday when I was close to my home ..
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well it is not oil the oil level is full and the engine seemed ready to die and the temp gauge was at 200
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - VW tech.

It could be a misfire code. However we will need to properly diagnose it.

These vehicle has a computer that store the trouble code. First you will need to scan the vehicle with an OBD2 scanner.

You could buy the scanner at the autozone store for about $80 or they could help you scan it.

Once you retrieve the code , then I can help you define the problem.

Please rate me positive.