vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I changed the power mirror switch. It worked briefly. Now

Customer Question

I changed the power mirror switch. It worked briefly. Now the windows don't work, car won't start, sunroof won't open. Checked the fuses. They all look good. Pulled the comfort control and ordered a new one, hoping that might be it. There was no sign of moisture or corrosion on the old one.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The mirror switch had quit, so I ordered a new one. 2000 Passat, 5 sp. gas. The car ran fine before that. I replace d the switch. It worked briefly, then quit. When I tried t start the car, it did nothing. It doesn't even click. It has a new battery, but I checked the connections for any corrosion. None. Checked the fuses, and the ones that it would be look fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

there is a good chance that the module will rectify your issue but powers and grounds needs to be checked to make sure that the module is getting the correct voltage to work correctly!!