Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

2012 Impala in accident passenger seat belt locked in

Customer Question

2012 Impala in accident passenger seat belt locked in tightest position and drivers side locked in the farthest out position. Do both the retractors and seat belts need to be replaced?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: auto repair said the seat belts auto lock after accident. Air bag was not deployed but airbag light is still on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Hi im kevin this is correct seatbelts that have locked will need to be replaced and airbag system reset afterwards