vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My 2008 vw passat motor fan will not turn on, i let it run

Customer Question

my 2008 vw passat motor fan will not turn on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i let it run from cold start , it heated to 180 F no fan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no engine light too
JA: OK! The VW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: the air bag whent off not working and tearing wheel light stays on too and air bag light too
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Hello I'm Wolfgang. Is there any overheating or check engine light on? Was any recent work performed ? Any more info may help. Thanks