vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Got a code P0073 on 2012 Jetta TDI code reader says its a

Customer Question

got a code P0073 on 2012 Jetta TDI code reader says its a bad ambient sensor temp gauge doesn't work and ac compressor will not turn on. Where is this sensor and how can I check it.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 9 months ago.

Has this vehicle been in a accident ??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it was hit on the driver's side rear quarter panel. coincidentally the brake light on that side seems to not be working either, but yes the outside temp gauge and the ac compressor will not turn on after the collision

No front end damage ??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, none to the front end, I pulled the front bumper cover off completely and removed both headlights and there was no damage at all.

provide me a vin # ***** i will check tomorrow on certain wiring diagram since this is a TDI model am sure they have wired it differently and i can tell you which one is power and signal on the 2 pin connector it will have .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
3VWLL7AJ1CM013956
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks for your prompt response, this problem is driving me nuts, and I was glad to hear from you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have you found out where I check for the sensor, I really need to get this car going

Sorry for the delay its supposed to be behind the bumper 2 wires brown/blue sand blue/black wire if its not there it has been removed