vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My name is ***** *****, i just pick up a 2005.5 vw jetta

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****, i just pick up a 2005.5 vw jetta 2.5, in the korning car start no problem a few min later shuts down, and then crank no start, retrieve the codes fuel pump circuit, mass air flow circuit, 02 sensors circuit. Also the fans come on by it self until fully drains the battery. Any help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Bypass the fuel pump relay and car start no problem, but still give me the codes. I replace the tempeture sensor, same problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

I need the exact fault #s

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P1502,p0102,p0037,p0031
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
17910,16486,16421,16415
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Let me ask you the question have you replaced the relay yet ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea i did, not from the dealer
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have 15 key on power going to the relay ? have you also checked fuses with a test light ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power is good on the relay, all fuses are good. Car start all the time when is coldafter 5 min running shuts down, then crank no start and all the codes shows up
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

When the car shuts down and it won't run are you missing spark or fuel pressure at the moment that it will not start ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel pressure, i bypass the fuel pump relay and car start but codes persist
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Ok i understand that you bypass it when it won't start but what signal are you missing at the relay when the ca won't start is it 30 power or 15 power terminal at the relay ??