Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Ive got a 05 passat 1.8 turbo. Codes are p0300 p0507 p00301

Customer Question

Ive got a 05 passat 1.8 turbo. Codes are p0300 p0507 p00301 p0303 p0304 p0302 p0171. I was wonder if replaceing all 4 coil packs would fix it.
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - VW tech.

Yes, change out the all the ignition coils with only factory VW OE coils and spark plugs. Do not use aftermarket. This will take care the P0300, 301,302, 304.

P0507, P0171 - You need to change out the Crankcase Breather Check Valve

Both jobs are pretty easy.

Please rate me positive for the prompt service, thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is the crankcase breather check valve located

It looks like this in the picture.

I will send you a picture of the location tomorrow.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang,master VW tech, here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I'm sorry for the wrong information that was given on this issue . you do have a vacuum leak . A scan tool is needed to isolate the issue here where you can see the mixture readings . VAG COM is the scan tool of choice. carburetor spray will be needed also to give a fuel source to see the change in mixture . spraying the breather and vacuum hoses will indicate on the scan tool if there are cracks or splits. if no change then pinching of vacuum hoses may be needed to isolate. there are check valves that can cause this where the check valve can stick open causing and internal vacuum leak .

This may be a long drawn out process that just by replacing parts that may not be logical and may cost you more for parts that you did not really need.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ive ran through all the vacum lines, replaced the breather valuve, air filter cleaned the injectors tested the catalitic converter(it was ok). New plugs and coil packs all OE. Im still geting missfire codes on cylinder 1,2,3,4 runs fine when im driving it but is idels bad in park. And in drive it idels even worse and the check engine light started blinking. Any ideas on what to check next?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

on top of the oil filter housing there is a hose that is about 1/2 " diameter . pinch the line and see if that changes the idle!!