vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2010 vw beetle remote starter install. I am experienced with

Customer Question

2010 vw beetle remote starter install. I am experienced with remote starters and am a licensed mechanic myself. Last step,is to find can high/low wires. The two places my module tells me they could be located, I can't seem to find them. It says they could be At BCM or in drivers kick panel (door harness) possible wiring colours are violet/violet-white, orange-green/orange-brown and yellow-brown/yellow-green. They are needed to program the interface module with the code from the key in order for the vehicle to start without it. Any help would be appreciated, I have looked for a couple hours and came up with nothing. You're think two braided wires would be easy to find...
Category: VW
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This image shows where the wires should be, but those slots are the connector
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Possible colour combinations...
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need a vin # ***** get the correct information to assist!!

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here it is
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Ok let me find out the info. Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Perfect. Thanks. No big rush. Won't have the car back again till the weekend.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

thanks for the update

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a feeling the picture they showed me of where the orange braided can bus wires are is wrong. They are supposed to be at one of the plugs off the BCM. I don't think the picture shows the BCM and since I don't have the car right now I'm not sure of its location yet. Maybe that will help locate them for you. For some reason my Mitchell on Demand shows no wiring info on the 2010 Beetle.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

pin 6 is black can high and pin 9 is yellow can can low. on the module on the 23 pin connector. are there any other can wires that you need or other info?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is that the module from the picture? Under the drivers dash? On the brown plug?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

yes correct !!! the diagram for your remote start has been cut off so i cn decipher if any other wires you may need.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Actually those were the only two wires I needed that I could not find. Problem is that no matter what the colour of the wires, pins 6 and 9 are empty which left me on a wild goose chase.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

wierd!! can you post a pic of the module and connectors please ?

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I sure can. It might be a few days as I am on nights. Sorry for the up coming delay
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

no problem!! i found out that there is 3 possibilities of systems so the pic will help me out!!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok great!
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

thanks