vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My vw beetle is a 2001 right now I think I may have a

Customer Question

My vw beetle is a 2001 right now I think I may have a problem with the turbo. When I press on the gas lots of white smoke comes out from the muffler
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's mainly the issue I am having right now with it. it's not leaking any oil just white smoke when pressing on gas. It still runs good
JA: Leaks can get messy. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully I could fix it myself
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: no ma'am
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 9 months ago.

Typicallywhite smoke is coolant. Are you experiencing coolant loss?

Do you have a check engine light on when running?