vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

My name is ***** *****. I had a CEL come on in my 2011 jetta

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****. I had a CEL come on in my 2011 jetta tdi. the code is P048E, all my research says it is high voltage to the exhaust pressure control valve position sensor do I have to change the valve? The connector was damaged then repaired a year ago so I'm suspecting the repair at this point. When I was looking at the wiring harness it looked like there was a smaller harness coming off the main harness, that is what I was looking for
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't think the valve is sticking based on the error code I received
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

This fault is related to the exhaust flap more then likely the flaps spring is stuck and causing this issue . It's located in the middle of the exhaust , the good thing is that there is a Vw warranty extension on his issue and it's covered for up to 100,000 miles have them check it and they should cover it under the warranty extension . I hope this helps .

Please don't forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this thank you