sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Sure. I can spray windshield washer on my window but my

Customer Question

sure. I can spray windshield washer on my window but my wipers won't activate. I know for sure that the wiper motor isn't going. I have another issue that could be related my fuel gage is not working properly all the time.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe if its simple.
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: no it's 2012 tdi Passat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The most likely cause for the wipers not working would be the wiper motor itself. If the washers didn't work either then I would suspect a switch related issue but if the washers do work it's more likely to be the motor.

Have fuses been checked?
Have you tested for power and ground at the motor?